At present, the voting age across the world is typically age 18.
Lowering the voting age to 18 was a topic discussed in YouthQuake 1. An article from Channel News Asia prompted me to write this post and came up my own personal reasons why we should vote at 18:
1) Men were made to do compulsory National Service, to serve and die for the country.
2) Men serving National Service can hold guns.
3) One can obtain driving license and take control of your own life.
4) Legal age to buy cigarettes, you can take charge of your own health.
5) Legal age to bet on 4D, TOTO, Big Sweep, etc.
6) Join a political party.
7) Legal age of marriage with parental consent.
8) Legal age to drink.
9) Buy a Investment linked Insurance Policy.
10) Min. age for Prostitutes.
11) Min. age to be an apheresis blood donor, and the possibility of...
12) Setting up a business.